We recommend you to visit the Little Train:
Bread and Fernand and his team ensures a quality visit punctuated with humor and historical details; something forthe novice as well as history buffs.
CYPARIS EXPRESS - THE TRAIN
The opinion of Petit Futé on CYPARIS EXPRESS:
By car, travelers, for a return to the past! Fernand Bread, withits guide cap, is inexhaustible. With him cross a century this small Paris of the Antilles, destroyed in the space of onenight, a May 8, 1902, and lose yourself in the remains of the most famous disasters of humanity ... "
Departures at 11 am and 14:30 from Monday to Saturday morning: 11 am. Duration 1 hour. Price: 15 €. - 2 € if you arecustomer Rentals Saint Pierre !!! Good visit
==> TEL 05.96.55.50.92 <== "from Saint Pierre Location!"
Page information express Cyparis: Site 1 : www.cyparisexpress.com - Site 2 : http://cyparis-express.weebly.com Nous vous conseillons de faire la visite avec le Petit Train :
Otherwise some information about Saint Pierre:
City of Art and History : The city of Saint-Pierre was founded in 1635 by Pierre BelainEsnambuc. Nicknamed the "Little Paris of the Antilles", it was the former economic capital of Martinique until 1902, when theeruption of Mount Pelee. Striped maps of Martinique for twenty years, Saint Pierre has struggled to rise from the ashes.
Ranked 101th "City of Art and History" since 1990, St. Peterinvites you to dive into the past and discover its history.
Monuments to visit : You will discover in Saint-Pierre exceptional historical heritagewith many monuments and ruins attesting to the past splendor of the city :
- "L'église du fort" => church of Fort
- "La rue Monte au Ciel" => street
- "Les bureaux du Génie" => offices
- "La Maison Coloniale de Santé" => The Colonial House Health
- "Les ruines du Théâtre" => Ruins of Theatre
- "Le Cachot de Cyparis" => The Dungeon Cyparis
- "La Batterie d’Esnotz" => The Battery Esnotz
- "Les Ruines du Figuier" => The Ruins of the Fig Tree
- "Les Ruines de L’ancien Lycée" => Ruins The old High School
- "Les Ruines de l’Evêché" => Ruins
- "La tombe de l’Abbé Gosse" => The tomb of l'Abbé Gosse
- "Le Cimetière du Mouillage" => Cemetery
- "La Cathédrale" => Cathedral